ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE CLOSED
Application submission closed: 5 February 2019 (21:00 Central European Time)
- Applications to participate in the Workshop can only be submitted electronically
- Applicants must meet the minimum selection criteria outlined below
MINIMUM SELECTION CRITERIA
Candidates must have completed one year of clinical training at the time of application and be within five years of completion of Residency/Fellowship training in one of the following disciplines:
- Junior clinician specialising in oncology;
- Junior health care professional managing cancer patients
(i.e. dermatologist, gynaecologist, haematologist, neurooncologist, urologist);
- Junior radiologist or pathologist with a strong involvement in cancer care.
Have a major interest in clinical research and intend to develop a career in that field. Aim to write and conduct a clinical protocol for a study not previously performed, nor written, which is also considered feasible within the institutional setting and the time of completion of the candidate’s clinical training. Have support of the Direct Supervisor/Mentor and sustained commitment in the years following the Workshop. Be fluent in written and spoken English and have good computer skills.
Have support of the Direct Supervisor/Mentor and sustained commitment in the years following the Workshop.
Be fluent in written and spoken English and have good computer skills.
- Applications received after the aforementioned deadline will not be accepted
- The application form provided must be used and includes the following sections:
- Personal details and contact information
- One-page description of the clinical therapeutic trial protocol you intend to write during the Workshop
- Statement of motivation outlining the reasons for wanting to participate in this workshop
- Statement from the Direct Supervisor/Mentor in support of the applicant, describing their commitment to long-term follow-up and facilitation of the actual implementation of the study designed at the Workshop
- Applicants must ensure the application form is correctly completed prior to submission
- A confirmation of receipt of application will be sent within 48 hours
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application after mid-March 2019
Applications will not be accepted if the above criteria are not fulfilled. The selection of applications is at the sole discretion of the Workshop Review Committee. Feedback on the application process and selection is welcome but the Workshop Review Committee will not enter into any discussions regarding the final decision.The organisers of this Workshop, the annual Vail Workshop (USA) and the biannual ACORD Workshop (Australia) would like to stress that applications should only be submitted for attendance to one of these Workshops. Submission of this application implies that you have not applied and/or been selected to the other workshops.Please contact the Workshop Secretariat for queries.